Staff photographer, marketing, social media management, shop steward
Details of my role and work
I began working at ADX in 2012, first as a shop steward/working member in the shop. I worked to maintain equipment and oversee the shop usage, and assist other members with fabrication projects, tool safety, and shop maintenance.
Beginning in early 2013, I became the staff photographer, documenting events and work in the shop, and producing photo assets for social media and marketing. Along with ADX's in-house branding and design studio, Band, I worked on marketing campaigns and brand voice strategy. I managed social media accounts, wrote blog posts blog posts, created cohesive and recognizable hashtags for the organization, and assisted in designing brand assets for marketing campaigns.
- Managed Facebook account and daily posting
- Managed Instagram account and daily posting
- Managed Mailchimp email campaigns and weekly newsletters
- Wrote frequent blog posts detailing events, projects, and members of ADX
- Created cohesive brand voice across all social media reach
- Created hashtags associated with the ADX brand
- Worked to produce brand assets with design studio Band
- Photographed events, members, and projects within ADX for use in marketing and media
- Produced crowdfunding campaign video in 2015 for "Portland Made: The Makers of Portland's Manufacturing Renaissance"